NO READING IS REQUIRED!
All security officers in California must complete 40 hours of education in order to be compliant with state law. The first 8 hours are included in the Guard Card class (Powers to Arrest and Weapons of Mass Destruction) The remaining 32 hours of required education are covered in this course. This course meets and exceeds requirements stated in Title 16, California Code of Regulations, Section 643 for security offficer training.
This course is for those who have already completed the 8 hour Guard Card course in Powers to Arrest and Weapons of Mass Destruction, but still need to complete their required 32 hours of additional training. This course is in compliance with the requirements stated in Title 16, California Code of Regulations, Section 643 as it pertains to security officers. The following classes are included in this course:
Four mandatory courses totaling 16 hours:
• Public Relations (Community & Customer) - 4 hours
• Observation & Documentation - 4 hours
• Communication and its Significance - 4 hours
• Liability / Legal Aspects - 4 hours
Elective courses totaling 16 hours:
• Preserving the Incident Scene - 4 hours
• Officer Safety - 4 hours
• Arrests, Search, Seizure - 4 hours
• Handling Difficult People - 4 hours
* Students must read the test questions and answers while taking the tests. No other reading is required.
Note: Course fees do not include BSIS fees or LiveScan.
Guard Card Student Manual (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions