NO READING REQUIRED! *
- This class Is interactive
- It uses multi-media presentations.
- Incorporates videos, images and PowerPoint displays.
- Is taught in a "Webinar" style.
- Is guided by an engaging and entertaining instructor.
This interactive multi-media class is the pre-licensing course required by the California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services in order to receive a Guard Registration Card (Guard Card) A "Guard Card" is the license that all security officers in California MUST have in order to work. This course is broken into two sections: Weapons of Mass Destruction and Powers to Arrest.
Once you have completed the on-line course and passed the on-line final exam, you can download and print your certificate of completion The course will give you detailed instructions on how to apply for your guard card once you have completed the course.
This course meets and exceeds requirements stated in Title 16, California Code of Regulations, Section 643 for security offficer training.
* Students must read the test questions and answers while taking tests. No other reading is required in order to complete this course.
Note: Course fees do not include BSIS fees or LiveScan.
Guard Card Student Manual (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions